Sunday, 27 June 2010

Birthday Parties!

So-o-o-o-o Colorado and Avery celebrated their 12th and 6th birthday parties on Saturday June 19th. Everyone is on holidays in July and August so we celebrate early. We had 2 parties at the same time. Colorado's party was from 1 pm - 4 pm. Everyone was to meet at the town pool for a 2 hour swim. I wasn't allowed to take any photos in the pool inside area. Just incase I was a pedophile. Do I look like one?

Here's the girls doing a silly pose. So after I left the girls at the pool, I headed back to our home for Avery's party. His was from 1 pm - 2:30 pm. We forgot to take shots during the fun and games (the party went by fast). We played "Musical Towels" (like muscial chairs but with beach towels), and "Hot Potato" but with a rubber duck. We had a Hoola Hoop contest and was funny to watch the younger kids trying to keep their hoola hoop stay up. Our last activity before cake and gifts was "The Amazing Race" with a summer theme (Jason made it up). The kids were divided into two teams and had to go around the yard and collect items (sunglasses, beach towel, sand pail, shovel, goggles, water gun, lawn chair and sun hat). The team that collected all their items first, won. It was a hot day and many of the kids got flushed cheeks.

Avery requested aliens for his birthday, so we got one of the little green aliens from "Toy Story"as his cake topper.

He was so excited!


After Avery's party (sorry didn't get more pics) we went back to the pool and got the girls. We then made them run in the hot sun and do the "Amazing Race". Here they are just after finishing the race. The girls also had the Hoola Hoop contest to see who could Hoola the longest. Zoe was our winner.



The girls then had light snack/munchies before the cake and the gift opening. Colorado requested the icecream cone cupcakes. We had a tumble of three cones falling off the tray as I was bringing them out to her. We were still able to have all 12 candles on the cones though.

No comments: