Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend had it's ups and downs. Thursday after piano lessons we did our traditional egg colouring. The younger ones had so much fun. It was messy, but it only happens once a year. The temple was open all day on Good Friday. Jason watched the kids while I went (with a sister from our ward) and did two sessions and some sealings. We did a day trip (it is about 3 1/2 hours from here). It was nice to go because I haven't been since October (when my parents came for Thanksgiving). There have been many youth temple trips, but Jason usually goes to help out and he has recently been released from the Bishopric (he was the 1st Counselor). He is now the 1st Counselor in the YM's program and will be going most of the time now (I told him he'd need to, support the YM's pres). Saturday and a bit of Sunday I was sick with the flu (I totally missed the kids getting their Easter treats and gifts - I was getting sick earlier in the morning.) The kids had, had the flu on and off last week so I was bound to get it. It was also Stake Conference weekend. Jason just took Jarom Sunday to Fredericton and everyone else stayed home with me (Colorado to help with the younger boys and Isaac was sick again). When Jason got home Sunday afternoon he got sick. Sheeesh!! Jason now has a chest cold, but it seems to be going away. Here are the few pictures we did get of egg colouring (everyone is all decked out in their paint shirts) and the weekend.

Eggs a boiling.












Jason has scary hair (most likely from an afternoon nap).




Colorado's funky egg (the egg cracked while cooking and some egg white oozed out of it).


Our kids sure do love bubble baths.


This was taken Sunday afternoon. We all got dressed to hike up the hill behind our house. Jason and Jarom just returned from Stake Conference after we'd clicked the photo. Jarom joined us on our walk while Jason took a nap. We didn't take the camera with us.


Colorado took some shots of a woodpecker in the yard.


This is the fort the kids built last year. They have added onto to it to make it bigger. They have a play house with a slide but prefer to collect sticks out of the forest (beside and behind the house) to make a fort. The red rag on the ground I think was a used as a flag, but don't quote me on that.

The view from the inside.

3 comments:

Sarah Q said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Q said...

How did you get the bubbles in the bath so big?? Ours are never that big and they're gone in a matter of minutes. What's the secret?

New Brunswick Russells said...

Colorado filled the tub, so she probably put LOTS of bubbles in. We also use Dollar Store bubbles and Jason says the water from the spout comes out really fast. Okay, if you say so Jason.