
I (BJ) decided to paint the campfire chairs (the only 2 wooden ones we have - the rest are green plastic). The original colour was green/aqua. I rooted around in the basement and found some cans of paint from the previous owner of the home. The can with the most paint in it was this tacky purple (Jason tells me it sort of looks brown). Isaac came along when I was half way done painting one of the chairs and offered to help me out. He is a great painter if you ever need any painting done.

I had to replace some of the wood (it was rotting) on one of the chairs. I used the old fashioned saw we have because I still can't remember how to use Jason's saw (he wasn't home).


The finished master pieces! Samuel wanted to pose with them.

Labour Day I decided to let the kids have one last tenting experience. Plus I wanted us to be really fun and cool parents. Friday afternoon, Jason and I put a tent up on the back deck for some of the boys (Isaac, Avery and Spencer).

We then put a tent up in Samuel's room, for Samuel and Colorado. Colorado believes in comfort and moved the double mattress off of the bottom bunk into the tent. Jarom opted to sleep in his own bed.
Friday night (at dusk) we went to the last movie of the summer at the town band stand. All summer a movie played every Friday night. A large screen was set up on the band stand (similar to a drive in movie) and all you had to do was bring your lawn chairs or blanket to sit on. This was our second time going and we watched "Cars 2". Spencer and Samuel fell asleep some time during the movie.

Here is Colorado and Samuel in their tent. Colorado gave up around 12:45 am due to Samuel's snoring and went to sleep in her own bed.

The coloured twinkle lights you could see from the inside of their tent. All the lights compliments of Grandma and Grandpa Russell. Thanks!

The white twinkle lights I put in the tree on the side of the hill, across from the deck.

The boys tent, with all 3 boys snuggled inside.

The twinkle lights on the side of the house. The scary looking hutch on the side of the house was left by the previous owners. Planning to remove it some day.

Spencer (on the left), Isaac (popped his head out for the photo), and Avery (on right, all covered up cozy warm).
School has begun and the kids are so-o-o-o-o excited. Sorry no photo. I keep forgetting to take one. Piano lessons start tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment