Sorry this posting has no picture. You will have to use your imagination. Jason was released from the Bishopric last Sunday. Yay!!! Okay well sort of yay. You see we used to sit on this small bench on the left hand side of the chapel while Jason sat on the stand with the Bishopric. When he was released I kindly told him he couldn't sit with us. I said to him, "There is no room for you on the bench (it's right beside a door to make a quick exit incase one of the kids gets wild). I also told him he doesn't help with the kids (most husbands are oblivious to the noise of their own kids). Jason suggested we take the bench behind us as well but that would bump this nice family we know from it. I know benches don't have names on them, but I felt bad. So instead we sat in the middle of the church today, close to the front (such a different view of things, and not close to a exit door). We bumped this nice elderly couple from their bench along with their older handicap son (I know, no one has assigned seating). Still felt bad. Also felt squished because we now have a bench infront of us (didn't at our old spot - we used to sit in the front row). I kept bonking my noggin every time I got a book or snacks from the toy bag for the younger boys. Ack!!!! We could sit in the very front middle pew (it's now available - the family sitting there took our old spot). The bench is much longer, but we would be smack dab middle front. Great view of the speaker and Bishopric (and they can watch me pinch my kids when they get out of line). Jason, Daddy, we love you but you have to go sit somewhere else.
By the way Jason has a new calling. He is now a counselor in the Young Mens Presidency.
Sunday, 27 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sure there will be fewer meetings! That will be a pleasant change I'm sure! Our bishop talked about the "assigned seating" in our ward and challenged everyone to sit in a different row every week. We have done it and it's been fun. You should try it. Shake up the ward a little bit!
Post a Comment